Prof Aaron Quigley
Professor Aaron Quigley is the Chair of Human Computer Interaction in the School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews. You can review his Orcid profile to get a full list of his education, funding and publications or the internal research page on the University PURE system for his papers. He currently supervises four PhD students, Guilherme Soares Mota Carneiro, Hui-Shyong Yeo, Maheshya Weerasine (co-tutelle) and Iain Carson. In 2011 Aaron co-founded SACHI, the St Andrews Computer Human Interaction research group and served as its director from 2011-2018. Within the University of St Andrews he serves as the Director of Impact in the school of computer science along with serving on the International and Brexit Preparedness committees.
In his volunteer roles Aaron is the ACM SIGCHI Vice President for Conferences (on the ACM SIGCHI Executive Committee), member of the ACM Europe Council Conferences Working Group, a board member of ScotlandIS and an ACM Distinguished Speaker. In 2016/2017 Aaron was a convenor for the ACM Future of Computing Academy, in 2018 he was program co-chair for the ACM IUI conference and in 2021 Aaron will be general co-chair for the ACM CHI conference in Asia. His appointment was part of SICSA, the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance. Aaron's research interests include discreet computing, global HCI, body worn interaction, novel interactions in HCI, UbiComp and InfoVis.
If you are interested in undertaking a PhD under his supervision see his PhD page and contact him if interested in starting a PhD after July 2019. You can follow him at @aquigley on twitter or read infrequent news updates on his blog. For much more detailed information visit Aaron's new website.
- Carneiro, G, Nacenta, M, Toniolo, A, Mendez, G & Quigley, AJ 2019, Deb8: a tool for collaborative analysis of video. in Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video (TVX '19). ACM, pp. 47-58, ACM TVX 2019, Manchester, United Kingdom, 5/06/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3317697.3323358
- Carson, I, Hinrichs, U & Quigley, AJ 2019, 'Walkers—encoding multivariate data into human motion sequences' Paper presented at Immersive Analytics: Interaction Design and Prototyping for Immersive Analytics: co-located with the CHI 2019 the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 5/05/19 - 5/05/19, .
- Gupta, A, Ji, C, Yeo, HS, Quigley, AJ & Vogel, D 2019, RotoSwype: word-gesture typing using a ring. in Proceedings of the 2019 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '19)., 14, ACM, New York, ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2019, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 4/05/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3290605.3300244
- Kim, H, Lee, J, Yeo, HS, Quigley, AJ & Woo, W 2019, SWAG demo: smart watch assisted gesture interaction for mixed reality head-mounted displays. in Adjunct Proceedings - 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR-Adjunct 2018., 8699201, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., pp. 428-429, 17th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR-Adjunct 2018, Munich, Germany, 16/10/18. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR-Adjunct.2018.00130
- Yeo, HS, Koike, H & Quigley, AJ 2019, Augmented sports for learning using wearable head-worn and wrist-worn devices. in The First IEEE VR Workshop on Human Augmentation and Its Applications. IEEE Computer Society, The First IEEE VR Workshop on Human Augmentation and Its Applications, Osaka, Japan, 24/03/19.
- Yeo, HS, Minami, R, Rodriguez, K, Shaker, G & Quigley, AJ 2018, 'Exploring tangible interactions with radar sensing' Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, vol. 2, no. 4, 200. https://doi.org/10.1145/3287078
- Rough, DJ & Quigley, AJ 2018, End-user development in social psychology research: factors for adoption. in J Cunha, JP Fernandes, C Kelleher, G Engels & J Mendes (eds), IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC 2018)., 8506573, IEEE, pp. 75-83, 2018 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC), Lisbon, Portugal, 1/10/18. https://doi.org/10.1109/VLHCC.2018.8506573
- Rough, DJ & Quigley, AJ 2018, Towards end-user development for chronic disease management. in Designing Technologies to Support Human Problem Solving: A Workshop in Conjunction with VL/HCC 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, Oct. 1, 2018. IEEE Computer Society, Designing Technologies to Support Human Problem Solving (DTSHPS 2018), Lisbon, Portugal, 1/10/18.
- Terveen, L, Mentis, H, Quigley, A & Palanque, P 2018, 'The evolution of SIGCHI conferences and the future of CHI' Interactions, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 84-85. https://doi.org/10.1145/3264436