Professor Aaron Quigley is the Chair of Human Computer Interaction in the School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews. You can review his Orcid profile to get a full list of his education, funding and publications or the internal research page on the University PURE system for his papers. He currently supervises four PhD students, Guilherme Soares Mota Carneiro, Hui-Shyong Yeo, Maheshya Weerasine (co-tutelle) and Iain Carson. In 2011 Aaron co-founded SACHI, the St Andrews Computer Human Interaction research group and served as its director from 2011-2018. Within the University of St Andrews he serves as the Director of Impact in the school of computer science along with serving on the International and Brexit Preparedness committees.
In his volunteer roles Aaron is the ACM SIGCHI Vice President for Conferences (on the ACM SIGCHI Executive Committee), member of the ACM Europe Council Conferences Working Group, a board member of ScotlandIS and an ACM Distinguished Speaker. In 2016/2017 Aaron was a convenor for the ACM Future of Computing Academy, in 2018 he was program co-chair for the ACM IUI conference and in 2021 Aaron will be general co-chair for the ACM CHI conference in Asia. His appointment was part of SICSA, the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance. Aaron's research interests include discreet computing, global HCI, body worn interaction, novel interactions in HCI, UbiComp and InfoVis.
If you are interested in undertaking a PhD under his supervision see his PhD page and contact him if interested in starting a PhD after July 2019. You can follow him at @aquigley on twitter or read infrequent news updates on his blog. For much more detailed information visit Aaron's new website.
- Hundia, R, Vijayvargiya, A & Quigley, A 2020, Closed loop feedback nudges using nerve stimulation. in J Bowen, J Vanderdonckt & M Winckler (eds), EICS 2020 - 12th ACM SIG CHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, Proceedings., 398642, EICS 2020 - 12th ACM SIG CHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, Proceedings, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc, 12th ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, EICS 2020, Sophia Antipolis, France, 23/06/20. https://doi.org/10.1145/3393672.3398642
- Yeo, HS, Lee, J, Bianchi, A, Samboy, A, Koike, H, Woo, W & Quigley, A 2020, WristLens: enabling single-handed surface gesture interaction for wrist-worn devices using optical motion sensor. in Proceedings of the Augmented Humans International Conference, AHs 2020. Association for Computing Machinery, Inc, New York, 2020 Augmented Humans International Conference, AHs 2020, Kaiserslautern, Germany, 16/03/20. https://doi.org/10.1145/3384657.3384797
- Yeo, HS, Koike, H & Quigley, A 2019, Augmented learning for sports using wearable head-worn and wrist-worn devices. in 26th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces, VR 2019 - Proceedings., 8798054, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., pp. 1578-1580, The First IEEE VR Workshop on Human Augmentation and Its Applications, Osaka, Japan, 24/03/19. https://doi.org/10.1109/VR.2019.8798054
- Luna, MM, De Soares, FAAMN, Nascimento, HAD & Quigley, A 2019, Braille text entry on smartwatches: an evaluation of methods for composing the Braille cell. in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, EICS 2019., 19, Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc, pp. 1-6, 11th ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, EICS 2019, Valencia, Spain, 18/06/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3319499.3328233
- Hundia, R & Quigley, A 2019, Breathin: a breath pattern sensing approach for user computer interaction. in OZCHI'19: Proceedings of the 31st Australian Conference on Human-Computer-Interaction. ACM, New York, pp. 581-584, OZCHI'19, Perth/Freemantle, Australia, 2/12/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3369457.3369536
- Rough, D & Quigley, A 2019, Challenges of traditional usability evaluation in end-user development. in A Malizia, S Valtolina, A Morch, A Serrano & A Stratton (eds), End-User Development: 7th International Symposium, IS-EUD 2019, Hatfield, UK, July 10–12, 2019, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 11553 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 1-17, 7th International Symposium on End-User Development, IS-EUD 2019, Hatfield, United Kingdom, 10/07/19. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24781-2_1
- Carneiro, G, Nacenta, M, Toniolo, A, Mendez, G & Quigley, AJ 2019, Deb8: a tool for collaborative analysis of video. in Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video (TVX '19). ACM, pp. 47-58, ACM TVX 2019, Manchester, United Kingdom, 5/06/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3317697.3323358
- Yeo, HS, Wu, E, Lee, J, Quigley, AJ & Koike, H 2019, Opisthenar: hand poses and finger tapping recognition by observing back of hand using embedded wrist camera. in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST 2019). ACM, New York, pp. 963-971, 32nd ACM User Interface Software and Technology Symposium (UIST 2019), New Orleans, United States, 20/10/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3332165.3347867