Janis is an interdisciplinary PhD researcher in Computer Science at SACHI and the Centre for Research into Information, Surveillance and Privacy (CRISP), supervised by Dr. Tristan Henderson and Professor Kirstie Ball. She is interested in the legal and technological applications in data protection, privacy, and data ethics, where her current research aims to create a socio-technical data commons framework that helps data subjects protect their personal data under existing data protection, privacy, and information regulations. Janis is also a Research Fellow at the Open Data Institute. She holds an LLB in Law from the London School of Economics. Find out more about her work and outreach on janiswong.org.
- Wong, J, Racine, L, Henderson, T & Ball, K 2023, 'Online learning as a commons: supporting students' data protection preferences through a collaborative digital environment', Journal of Intellectual Property, Information Technolology and E Commerce Law, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 251-277. <https://www.jipitec.eu/issues/jipitec-14-2-2023/5736>
- Wong, J, Henderson, T & Ball, K 2020, Data protection for the common good: developing a framework for a data protection-focused data commons. in Data for Policy Conference 2020. Data for Policy. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3965670
- Wong, J 2020, 'The ‘personal’ in personal data: who is responsible for our data and how do we get it back?', Legal Information Management, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 103-105. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1472669620000249
- Wong, J & Henderson, T 2018, How portable is portable? Exercising the GDPR's Right to Data Portability. in Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Joint Conference and 2018 International Symposium on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Wearable Computers . ACM, pp. 911-920, Fourth International Workshop on Legal and Technical Issues in Cloud and Pervasive Computing (IoT), Singapore, 8/10/18. https://doi.org/10.1145/3267305.3274152
- Wong, J 2018, 'Is WALL-E human? Introducing STEM and ethical decision-making to younger audiences', WomENcourage 2018, Belgrade, Serbia, 3/10/18 - 5/10/18 pp. 1. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.7170356.v1