Dr. Tristan Henderson has been a Lecturer in Computer Science in the University of St Andrews since December 2006 and is now a senior lecturer. In 2011 he helped cofound SACHI and his research revolves around measuring communications networks and their users. His PhD looked at measuring networked game servers and game players, but more recently he has been investigating new methodologies for measuring mobile, wireless and online social networks and their users. He attempts to use the results of this network measurement to build more usable networks. Specifically networks which support the functionality that users desire. For instance we can use network measurement to improve security and privacy so that people can use pervasive sensor networks. Or we can measure network behaviour and use this to inform the design of future networks. He is one of the Workshop Organisers for Health, Wealth and Identity Theft: Designing and evaluating usable security and privacy mechanisms for online happiness a Workshop at the British HCI 2011 conference, and organised the Privacy and Usability Methods Pow-wow at British HCI 2010. For more information visit his full website.
- Zwiebelmann, Z & Henderson, T 2021, Data portability as a tool for audit. in UbiComp '21: Adjunct Proceedings of the 2021 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2021 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers. ACM, pp. 276–280, Workshop on Reviewable and Auditable Pervasive Systems (WRAPS), 25/09/21. https://doi.org/10.1145/3460418.3479343
- Norval, C & Henderson, T 2020, 'Automating dynamic consent decisions for the processing of social media data in health research', Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 187-201. https://doi.org/10.1177/1556264619883715
- Wong, J, Henderson, T & Ball, K 2020, Data protection for the common good: developing a framework for a data protection-focused data commons. in Data for Policy Conference 2020. Data for Policy. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3965670
- Irvine, C, Balasubramaniam, D & Henderson, T 2020, Short paper: Integrating the data protection impact assessment into the software development lifecycle. in J Garcia-Alfaro, G Navarro-Arribas & J Herrera-Joancomarti (eds), Data Privacy Management, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology: ESORICS 2020 International Workshops, DPM 2020 and CBT 2020, Guildford, UK, September 17–18, 2020, Revised Selected Papers. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Security and Cryptology), vol. 12484 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 219-228. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66172-4_13
- Henderson, T & Schafer, B 2019, Data Protection, certification and the fourth industrial revolution. in RM Ballardini, O Pitkänen & P Kuommamäki (eds), Regulating Industrial Internet through IPR, Data Protection and Competition Law. Kluwer Law International, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands.
- Henderson, T 2019, Teaching data ethics: "We're going to ethics the heck out of this". in Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Computing Education Practice (CEP'19)., 4, ACM, New York, Computing Education Practice, Durham, United Kingdom, 9/01/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3294016.3294017