Dr Mark-Jan Nederhof
Dr. Mark-Jan has been a Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of St Andrews since November 2006. His research interests pertain to mathematical models of the syntax of natural languages, as well as of programming languages. He is also interested in computer processing of Ancient Egyptian, with an emphasis on the hieroglyphic writing system. He will be chairing the FSMNLP 2013 conference in St Andrews. He currently supervises one PhD student Vinodh Rajan. For more information visit his full website.
- Fu, Y & Nederhof, MJ 2021, Automatic classification of human translation and machine translation: a study from the perspective of lexical diversity. in Y Bizzoni, E Teich, C España-Bonet & J van Genabith (eds), Proceedings for the First Workshop on Modelling Translation: Translatology in the Digital Age. NEALT Proceedings Series, Linkoping University Electronic Press, pp. 91–99, Workshop on Modelling Translation, Online City, Iceland, 31/05/21. <https://aclanthology.org/previews/ingest-nodalida/2021.motra-1.10/>
- Nederhof, MJ 2021, Calculating the optimal step of arc-eager parsing for non-projective trees. in Proceedings of the 16th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association of Computational Linguistics (EACL 2021). Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 2273–2283, 16th Conference of the European Chapter of the ACL, Kyiv, Ukraine, 19/04/21. <https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/2021.eacl-main.193>
- Nederhof, MJ & Vogler, H 2019, Regular transductions with MCFG input syntax. in A Maletti & H Vogler (eds), Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Finite-State Methods and Natural Language Processing. Association for Computational Linguistics, Dresden, pp. 56-64, 14th International Conference on Finite-State Methods and Natural Language Processing, Dresden, Germany, 23/09/19. <https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W19-3109/>
- Nederhof, MJ & Yli-Jyra, A 2017, A derivational model of discontinuous parsing. in F Drewes, C Martin-Vide & B Truthe (eds), Language and Automata Theory and Applications: 11th International Conference, LATA 2017, Umeå, Sweden, March 6-9, 2017, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues), vol. 10168, Springer, Cham, pp. 299-310, 11th International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications, Umeå, Sweden, 6/03/17. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-53733-7_22
- Gebhardt, K, Nederhof, MJ & Vogler, H 2017, 'Hybrid grammars for parsing of discontinuous phrase structures and non-projective dependency structures', Computational Linguistics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 465-520. https://doi.org/10.1162/COLI_a_00291
- Nederhof, MJ 2016, A short proof that O2 is an MCFL. in 54th Annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Proceedings of the Conference. Association for Computational Linguistics, Berlin, 54th Annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Berlin, Germany, 7/08/16.
- Nederhof, MJ, Teichmann, M & Vogler, H 2016, 'Non-self-embedding linear context-free tree grammars generate regular tree languages', Journal of Automata, Languages Combinatorics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 203-246. https://doi.org/10.25596/jalc-2016-203