Dr Alice Toniolo has joined the School of Computer Science as a lecturer in October 2016. Previously Alice was a Research Fellow in the Agent, Reasoning and Knowledge group in the Computing Science Department at the University of Aberdeen, where she was also awarded her PhD. Her research interests are within multi-agent systems to support human reasoning and decision-making. In particular, she is interested in computational argumentation-based models of reasoning with recent applications in intelligence analysis, social media and the built environment. Alice has also worked with researchers within Philosophy to investigate rich forms of deliberation dialogue.
- James, I, Stone, CL & Toniolo, A 2022, Debated backpropagation. in A Pakrashi, E Rushe, MHZ Bazargani & B Mac Namee (eds), Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science 2021: The 29th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science 2021 Dublin, Republic of Ireland, December 9-10, 2021. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, pp. 260-271, 29th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science , Dublin, Ireland, 9/12/19. <http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-3105/>
- Weerasinghe, AM, Copic Pucihar, K, Ducasse, J, Quigley, AJ, Toniolo, A, Miguel, AR, Caluya, N & Kljun, M 2022, 'Exploring the future building: Representational effect on projecting oneself into the future office space', Virtual Reality.
- Macagno, F & Toniolo, A 2022, 'Introduction to the Special Issue. Douglas Walton and his contribution to argumentation theory', Informal Logic, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 1-23. https://doi.org/10.22329/il.v42i1.7210
- Shaheen, Q, Toniolo, A & Kuster Filipe Bowles, J 2021, Argumentation-based explanations of multimorbidity treatment plans. in T Uchiya, Q Bai & IM Maestre (eds), PRIMA 2020: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems: 23rd International Conference, Nagoya, Japan, November 18–20, 2020, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 12568 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 394-402, 23rd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems, PRIMA 2020, 18/11/20. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-69322-0_29
- Shaheen, Q, Toniolo, A & Kuster Filipe Bowles, J 2020, Dialogue games for explaining medication choices. in V Gutiérrez Basulto, T Kliegr, A Soylu, M Giese & D Roman (eds), Rules and Reasoning: 4th International Joint Conference, RuleML+RR 2020, Oslo, Norway, June 29–July 1, 2020, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Programming and Software Engineering), vol. 12173 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 97-111, 4th International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RCUL+RR 2020), Oslo, Norway, 29/06/20. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-57977-7_7
- Walton, D & Toniolo, A 2020, Responsible agent deliberation. in CD Novaes, H Jansen, JA van Laar & B Verheij (eds), Reason to Dissent: Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Argumentation, Volume . College Publications, pp. 391-405, 3rd European Conference on Argumentation 2019, Groningen, Netherlands, 24/06/19.
- Carneiro, G, Nacenta, M, Toniolo, A, Mendez, G & Quigley, AJ 2019, Deb8: a tool for collaborative analysis of video. in Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video (TVX '19). ACM, pp. 47-58, ACM TVX 2019, Manchester, United Kingdom, 5/06/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3317697.3323358