Dr Alice Toniolo
Dr Alice Toniolo has joined the School of Computer Science as a lecturer in October 2016. Previously Alice was a Research Fellow in the Agent, Reasoning and Knowledge group in the Computing Science Department at the University of Aberdeen, where she was also awarded her PhD. Her research interests are within multi-agent systems to support human reasoning and decision-making. In particular, she is interested in computational argumentation-based models of reasoning with recent applications in intelligence analysis, social media and the built environment. Alice has also worked with researchers within Philosophy to investigate rich forms of deliberation dialogue.
- Shaheen, Q, Toniolo, A & Kuster Filipe Bowles, J 2021, Argumentation-based explanations of multimorbidity treatment plans. in T Uchiya, Q Bai & IM Maestre (eds), PRIMA 2020: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems: 23rd International Conference, Nagoya, Japan, November 18–20, 2020, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 12568 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 394-402, 23rd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems, PRIMA 2020, 18/11/20. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-69322-0_29
- Shaheen, Q, Toniolo, A & Kuster Filipe Bowles, J 2020, Dialogue games for explaining medication choices. in V Gutiérrez Basulto, T Kliegr, A Soylu, M Giese & D Roman (eds), Rules and Reasoning: 4th International Joint Conference, RuleML+RR 2020, Oslo, Norway, June 29–July 1, 2020, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Programming and Software Engineering), vol. 12173 LNCS, Springer, Cham, pp. 97-111, 4th International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RCUL+RR 2020), Oslo, Norway, 29/06/20. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-57977-7_7
- Walton, D & Toniolo, A 2020, Responsible agent deliberation. in CD Novaes, H Jansen, JA van Laar & B Verheij (eds), Reason to Dissent: Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Argumentation, Volume . College Publications, pp. 391-405, 3rd European Conference on Argumentation 2019, Groningen, Netherlands, 24/06/19.
- Carneiro, G, Nacenta, M, Toniolo, A, Mendez, G & Quigley, AJ 2019, Deb8: a tool for collaborative analysis of video. in Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video (TVX '19). ACM, pp. 47-58, ACM TVX 2019, Manchester, United Kingdom, 5/06/19. https://doi.org/10.1145/3317697.3323358
- Walton, D, Toniolo, A & Norman, TJ 2019, 'Dialectical models of deliberation, problem solving and decision making', Argumentation, vol. First Online. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10503-019-09497-9
- Cerutti, F, Toniolo, A & Norman, TJ 2019, On natural language generation of formal argumentation. in F Santini & A Toniolo (eds), Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Advances In Argumentation In Artificial Intelligence co-located with the 18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA 2019): Rende, Italy, November 19-22, 2019. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 2528, Sun SITE Central Europe, pp. 15-29, 3rd Workshop on Advances In Argumentation In Artificial Intelligence, AI^3 2019, Rende, Italy, 19/11/19. <http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2528/>
- Ogunniye, G, Toniolo, A & Oren, N 2018, A dynamic model of trust in dialogues. in E Black, S Modgil & N Olsen (eds), Theory and Applications of Formal Argumentation: 4th International Workshop, TAFA 2017, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, August 19-20, 2017, Revised Selected Papers. vol. Cham, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 10757 LNAI, Springer, pp. 211-226, 4th International Workshop on Theory and Applications of Formal Argumentation, TAFA 2017, Melbourne, Australia, 19/08/17. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75553-3_15