Mrs Adriana Wilde
Adriana Wilde is an Associate Lecturer at the University of St Andrews, pursuing a part-time PhD in Computer Science under the supervision of Ed Zaluska and Dave Millard at the University of Southampton, focusing on factors related to student success in Higher Education and MOOCs, as well as the use of technology for teaching, assessment and feedback.
Adriana’s background is multidisciplinary but with a strong dual interest in education and technology. Following her B.CompSc.(Hons) degree at the Universidad Central de Venezuela, Adriana delivered several computer science courses there. She also holds several teaching qualifications from the UK, including a PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education and Training, and has taught in diverse educational environments, including primary schools, further education colleges as well as universities. Adriana has been awarded an MSc in Computer Science by the Universities of Berne, Fribourg and Neuchâtel in Switzerland (with specialism in Distributed Systems and a minor in Education), and was a Mayflower Scholar for Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton, becoming a PhD candidate and a Teaching Fellow in the same department. She has supervised fifteen MSc projects: in Data Science (5), Computer Science (2), Web Technologies (6), and Software Engineering (2) and six final-year undergraduate dissertations. Adriana's latest publications can be found in PURE
- Snow, S, Wilde, AG, Denny, P & Schraefel, MC 2018, 'A discursive question: supporting student-authored multiple choice questions through peer-learning software in non-STEMM disciplines' British Journal of Educational Technology, vol. Early View, 12686. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjet.12686
- Wilde, AG & Perisic, V 2018, 'A comparative view of mentoring approaches in Southampton' Paper presented at Simply Better: Researching Assessment Practices, Southampton, United Kingdom, 13/09/18 - 13/09/18, .
- Sufi, S, Nenadic, A, Silva, R, Duckles, B, Simera, I, de Beyer, JA, Struthers, C, Nurmikko-Fuller, T, Bellis, L, Miah, W, Wilde, A, Emsley, I, Philippe, O, Balzano, M, Coelho, S, Ford, H, Jones, C & Higgins, V 2018, 'Ten simple rules for measuring the impact of workshops' PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 14, no. 8, e1006191. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1006191
- Wilde, AG, Vasilchenko, A & Dix, A 2018, HCI and the educational technology revolution #HCIEd2018: a workshop on video-making for teaching and learning human-computer interaction. in Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI'18)., 9, ACM, New York, NY, International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, Castiglione della Pescaia, Grosseto, Italy, 29/05/18. https://doi.org/10.1145/3206505.3206600
- Vasilchenko, A, Wilde, A, Snow, S, Balaam, M & Devlin, M 2018, Video coursework: opportunity and challenge for HCI education. in Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2018)., a87, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc, 14th International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, AVI 2018, Grosseto, Italy, 29/05/18. https://doi.org/10.1145/3206505.3206596
- Pirzada, P, White, N & Wilde, AG 2018, 'Sensors in smart homes for independent living of elderly' Paper presented at International Multi-Topic ICT Conference 2018 , Jamshoro, Pakistan, 25/04/18 - 27/04/18, .
- Wilde, AG & Snow, S 2018, 'Addressing challenges in assessing Human-Computer Interaction at scale' Computing Education Practice conference, Durham, United Kingdom, 11/01/18 - 12/01/18, .