The Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies at the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) is offering one fully-unded PhD scholarship for a planned Joint PhD (co-tutelle) in computer science with University of St Andrews (UK).
The selected candidate will receive a 36-48 month scholarship which includes:
- Monthly payments of 1,544 € before tax + expenses
- Research equipment and a working desk.
- Yearly budget for other research costs for covering fieldwork and conference attendance.
- Tuition fees at University of Primorska.
NOTE: St. Andrews tuition fees are not covered by this scholarship. For possible exemptions and height of tuition fees visit follow this link. Fees need to be paid during the time at St. Andrews (minimum one year).
We welcome applicants from EU and internationally who are enthusiastic about working as part of a multidisciplinary team focusing on applied computer science research in the following areas:
- Human-computer Interaction
- Computational interactions (HCI with focus on computationally intensive methods e.g. machine learning, AI, Computer Vision ,…)
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Pervasive and Ubiquitous computing
- The selected candidate will be offered a tailored research project at UP FAMNIT. It is planned that this will be in collaboration with the University of St Andrews (UK) subject to approval. The intention is that upon the successful completion of PhD the candidate will be awarded a joint degree under a planned Joint PhD (co-tutelle) agreement which is under development between our two institutions.
Full details can be found here: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/fully-funded-phd-2019
Please contact one of the following in St Andrews or Primorska:
- Aaron Quigley (https://sachi.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/faculty/aaron-quigley/)
- Matjaž Kljun (https://pim.famnit.upr.si/)
- Klen Čopič Pucihar (https://klen.si/)